Wednesday, July 03, 2002

03 Jul 2002

Sometimes my still being unemployed depresses me greatly (Although my periods of depression typically last no more than thirty minutes.)

The biggest problem in my job-hunting woes is the fact that the type of job I want varies greatly from what I have training in. I want to be involved in IT or programming, but I don't have a lot of the skills necessary to succeed in those fields. I will probably always regret not shifting to Computer Science or even Computer Engineering early on in college. If I had I would've probably had a much easier time.

In any case, I'm going for an interview with Texas instruments on Friday. The job is not an optimum one for me -- I don't really want to work as a product engineer although I am qualified. (Heck the chances of my being accepted are probably too small for me to even consider -- I have the requirements but I'm sure a lot more qualified people will be applying. I'll have to wow 'em with my incorrigible attitude). But the pay is probably good, it involves overseas training and if I get accepted it'll mean I have something to do in the meantime as I try to earn the skills needed for a job that I _would_ enjoy.

Hopefully the TI guys never read this. O_o

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! If you're still interested on pursuing a career on programming, try to apply in CPI. It'll be a good start for your IT career.

Try to visit their site for their current job openings :
www.cpi.com.ph

Goodluck!