Friday, January 02, 2004

2003 Year in Review

Roy's 2003 Year in Review

Best Thing About 2003:
* I got a job. It feels really good to actually have a decent amount of money coming in at a regular basis. :) Actually, I believe all good things in 2003 have stemmed from my having a job...more cash, new computer, better food, got to meet some nice people, able to buy more stuff, learned new skills, etc...

Worst Thing About 2003:
* I got a job. Gah...I want more free time. Not that I do anything important in my free time really, but it's nice to be able to goof off. :P
* The comp I got in March seemed to break down way too easily...I dunno maybe it was bad choice of parts on my end or something. In any case, I'm hesitant to shop at PC Express again. Ever.

What I Want to Happen in 2004:
* I want to learn more stuff. I want to learn a web scripting language and maintain a database-driven website. I'll probably try PHP/MySQL for this, although if I'm lucky I could get a JSP project at work.
* I want the price of DSL to go down.
* I want to be pleasantly surprised by the results of the 2004 elections.

Best Games of 2003:
* Neverwinter Nights: Both expansions
* Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne - I've logged 114 hours on battle.net using my home account, and then there's the countless hours playing at David's place...
* Capcom vs SNK 2 - The Undying Favorite...too bad Alvin narrowly beat me out for 2003 House Champion :(
* Final Fantasy X-2 - I think it's a sign of my changing tastes that this is the only console RPG I was able to complete this past year. Console RPGs are nice, but I could be downloading stuff while playing NWN.
* Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - Not as good as the original FFT, but good enough.
* (Note: I hear SW:KOTOR is pretty good, but I have yet to play it.)

Best Movies of 2003:
* Two Towers
* Pirates of the Carribean

My New Year Resolution:
* Nothing. I'm not making any more of those.

No comments: