Monday, December 12, 2005

Moving Things Around A Bit

I was getting a bit bored with the place, so I spruced it up a bit, switched some colors, moved stuff around. You know, just to pretend something's happening. And to showcase my sorely lacking UI design skills. :p Screenshot captured for posterity.

I also cleaned up some of the global files that were being accessed from fateback, since I will eventually drop that host completely. Right now, the external files used by this site are hsoted on my geocities account (which I should also organize/clean up in some way.)

For the curious, this site is maintained in several layers:

  • the blogger template - ideally, I shouldn't have to change this too often

  • an external javascript file - ideally, if I want to do small changes to the site, I'll just modify this and use DHTML to do it

  • an external stylesheet - ideally, if I want to make changes to layout, I just adjust this one



A while back I was also wondering if it was viable to use XSL transformations for a blogger blog...but I'm too lazy to try to figure it out now.

No comments: