Monday, May 10, 2004

Halalan 2004

I'll probably leave for the voting place in a half an hour or so. Anyway, my choices are already made:

PRESIDENT : Roco, Raul
VICE-PRESIDENT :
SENATORS :
1. Alvarez, Heherson T.
2. Barbers, Robert
3. Biazon, Rodolfo
4. Chavez, Francisco
5. Escudero, Salvador
6. Gordon, Richard
7. Herrera, Ernesto F.
8. Hussin, Parouk
9. Mercado, Orlando
10. Pimentel, Aquilino Jr. Q.
11. Roxas, Manuel 'Mar' II
12. Yasay, Perfecto Jr.
PARTY LIST : AKBAYAN!

CONGRESSMAN/REPRESENTATIVE : MAITE DEFENSOR
MAYOR : SONNY BELMONTE
VICE-MAYOR : HERBERT BAUTISTA
MEMBERS SANGUNIANG BAYAN
MUNICIPAL COUNCIL:
1. JORGE BANAL
2. JAIME BORRES
3. DANTE DE GUZMAN
4. WENCY LAGUMBAY
5. TINA MONASTERIO
6. LALA SOTTO

A few notes, I suppose.

First, the internet is surprisingly useful to voters this time around. If you need to know where you're voting, findprecinct.com is the place to start. Need help deciding? I used the sample ballot at the Eleksyon 2004 website to help me fill up those slots.

Regarding my choices, the Concilors are all allied with Lakas-CMD, hence they are part of Sonny Belmonte's ticket, who really deserves not only another term but a term with people he's chosen to ally himself with. For president, I chose Roco, 'coz hell, if by some miracle he wins I don't wanna miss my chance to gloat that I voted for the candidate who was right in every possible way. For the party-list rep, last time around I voted for Bayan Muna, but I don't really like how they're soft on the NPA, whether or not the military allegations are true. Akbayan, while still left-leaning (to balance the center-to-right preferences of most mainstream politicians), at least recognizes that the NPA Permit-to-Campaign fees are downright extortion and should be criminalized. For the Senators, the only unusual choice is Doc Hussin (more Muslim representation), but the rest should be obvious. I actually had only 11 senators listed before deciding on Hussin.

So what will happen to the country now? Who knows, for a while I was thinking of voting for FPJ just to see what kind of new crap our country can go through...

No comments: